- L1-A Visa- this visa is for intracompany transferees who work in managerial or executive positions in a company that is located outside the United States.
To qualify for L1-A visa category, you must:
- Have been working for a qualifying company outside the United States for one (1) year within the past three (3) years immediately before your admission to the U.S.; and
- Have an interest in coming to the U.S. to provide your skills in a managerial or executive position for a branch of the same employer or a qualifying organization.
- L1-B Visa- this visa is for intracompany transferees who work in positions requiring specialized knowledge. An applicant may be considered with specialized knowledge if they have:
- Special knowledge of the petitioning employer’s product, service, research, equipment, techniques, management, or other interests and its applications in international markets; or
- Advanced knowledge in the organization’s specific processes and procedures that is not commonly found in the relevant industry.